Monday, June 14, 2010

Papers to get

I sent off the request for certified, English translated copies of Chris' birth certificate today. They should get the envelope on Thursday, but not sure when we will get the copies. Since Chris was born in Puerto Rico, his birth certificate is written in Spanish and we have to have English translated copies. I requested that they send translated copies but I am not sure if they will.

For my birth certificate, I think it will be easier and faster to drive to Denton county and pick them up in person. If I request them through mail or the Internet, it could take any where from 10 days to 6 weeks to get them. In person, it will take about 10 minutes. Road trip!!

The easiest copies to get will be our wedding certificate; it was filed in Richmond. I will see if I can get them this week.

Not sure what else we will need for our dossier, but at least this is a start.

I haven't heard from our social worker if she sent in the Home Study Update yet. She was supposed to send it in last Friday. Once it gets 'approved', we will get a copy, a copy will be sent to Immigration and hopefully we will get the information about the dossier at that time.

Please continue to keep our children and their current caregivers in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Um, why haven't you requested these documents prior to now? It is a 4 hr drive OW to Denton. You had better call and make sure you can get a registered copy before heading up there.

    ReplyDelete