Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reading and Vacation

Chris is on vacation this week (if he doesn't take it by a certain time, he loses it) and has been reading one of the adoption books. He started yesterday and read on and off during the day. He took a break and went with me to my dad's house to water his pepper plants and got a lot read. As of right now (5:41 pm, according to the computer), he is about half-way through! Yeah! Once he finishes this book (Adopting the Older Child by Claudia Jewett, 1978), we will read the last book together (Raising Adopted Children by Lois Ruskai Melina). Since Chris set a 'want to be done by' date of the end of July, we don't have much time left if we are going to meet it! Personally, the start of next week is okay with me.

On a different note, I joined Facebook today. Yes, I have gone to the dark side... It is totally addicting and if I am not careful, hours will slip by and I will still be staring at the computer screen (like I did this afternoon).

Anyway, we are plugging along on the reading issue; I am so proud of Chris (he is not a big reader!). If I am not careful, he will finish both books and reports before me!

Please continue to lift us up in prayer: finances available when they are needed, preparing the house for our kiddos, getting ready to take on a second job again (Chris is planning on applying at Wal-Mart this week for a part-time job to help out with the finances), and me getting ready to go back for another school year (I am looking forward to meeting my new students!).

No comments:

Post a Comment