Tuesday, July 14, 2009

House looks great, not sure about us...

So far, they have completed the front 2 bedrooms, front bathroom, hallway, laundry room, dining/living room. They worked on Saturday getting the dining/living room done. We had Sunday off and they were back here on Monday to finish the 'touch-ups' in the dining/living room, move some of the furniture back in place (Yeah, I have the computer to work on), finish the laundry room and start on our bedroom & bath. We spent Sunday evening emptying our closets and I finished the rest of the bathroom stuff Monday morning. All of the ceilings are painted and they are supposed to finish our bath & bedroom today. Originally, they were supposed to have our rooms finished yesterday, but only 2 guys were able to work yesterday.

I get to finish emptying the kitchen cabinets today. I started last night, have worked some this morning and will finish the rest later this morning. I hope that they at least start on the kitchen walls today. There isn't a lot of wall space, it is mostly cabinets. Oh well. There is a 'Men's Night Out' tonight at BerryHill Tamales & Tacos in Sugar Land. I told Chris that he needs to go, if for no other reason than a good meal since I don't know if I can get into the kitchen to cook dinner. I picked up hot dogs & buns yesterday in case the kitchen was a mess. At least that is easy to fix (less than 2 minutes in the microwave which will be on its cart in the dining room). The coffee maker is being moved into the front bathroom so we can have coffee in the morning. Not sure if I will be able to make breakfast tacos for Chris, but I should still be able to make his sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep soon. I haven't slept well since they started working last Thursday! Most mornings have been tolerable inside, but the afternoons and evenings have been really, horribly hot! The front door has been left open quite a bit with stuff being moved in or out in the afternoon. Our poor air conditioner has been working overtime (not to mention the HEAT Index!). It will be nice when our doors are back in place, then I won't have to go to the store to use the bathroom (didn't think about that problem last week!) during the day. Maybe I can get a nap this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment