Thursday, June 30, 2011

Coupon Book

We have been trying to save money any time we can.  One way to do this is to use coupons and shop at Wal-Mart using other store ads (they do the price matching with other store prices).  When combining a coupon with a low sale price, you can save quite a bit (and stock up when possible).  Chris told me about the coupon book one of the CSM's at Wal-Mart has.  Last night I checked with her and looked at her book to see if I can get our coupons better organized.  For about $10 dollars I was able to get a binder and 'coupon' pages to create an organized system.  I also picked up some notebook paper and found a pencil bag at home that I haven't used in a while (complete with small scissors, paper clips, pencil, pens & markers).  It didn't take long to put it all together last night (did it all after the boys went to bed; while watching Congo) and now it is ready to go!  I think the longest amount of time was spent sorting the coupons into the slots.  It was quite easy to do (after deciding how I wanted to organize it all).  I decided to organize it according to sections (children stuff, health & beauty, medicine/first aid, box mixes, dairy, meats, etc).  I also added a 'divider page' between each coupon page to help find what I am looking for quickly.  You can organize yours any way that works for you!  Hope this will help you!!

Here are some pictures to help you get one started!

I found a 1.5" binder with an expandable pocket on the outside to put fliers, etc in so they are ready when I go to the store ($4.97 at Wal-Mart)

These are pocket pages for sports cards, but can be used for most anything that will fit in them
($4.95 at Wal-Mart in the collectible section near the registers)

The pencil pouch I found at home (already had the stuff in it) with notebook paper to write down stuff
(store/item/price and shopping lists)
Wal-Mart will price match based on other store ads (make sure you check dates & items!)

One of the coupon pages, with a 'divider page' behind it.
I decided to put one coupon per pocket (unless I had more than one, then I put it in the same pocket)
If I need more pages per section, I have the extras at the back of the binder

Fliers fit in the front expandable pocket



1 comment: