Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Encouragement

One of the Assistant Principals at the school where I teach gave me some encouragement today. She and her husband are waiting to find out when they will be able to go to Korea to pick us their 2nd child that they are adopting through Dillon International. They have gone through this process twice and it was good to hear that she is also anxiously waiting for her son. It is nice to know that we are not alone in our feelings. Even though we are in the early stages, we are ready to bring our children home. I am beginning to feel that I am out of patience, and the process hasn't really started in earnest yet!

1 comment:

  1. I found you blog through Facebook. I went to HPU with your sister and she posted your link on a mutual friends page.

    Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you. I am also an adoptive mom. My husband and I were led to China. We adopted a baby girl 2 years ago Christmas.

    I remember chasing the paper for our dossier. I remember 'snafoos' that would happen along the way. I remember how discouraging that was because I couldn't bring our daughter home until everything was in it's place. I remember waiting and waiting and waiting...

    Now I look back and see the goodness of God. If those snafoos hadn't happened...if we would not have had that long wait...if ANYTHING had happened any differently, I would not have our precious Kaylee in my life! God orchestrated everything according to His purpose and to put our precious family together!

    Hang in there! God has your perfect children waiting for you in the end!

    ReplyDelete