Friday, May 11, 2012

My new classroom & computer lab...

Wednesday afternoon, Chris, the boys and I visited my new campus and saw my classroom and computer lab.  The building is still under construction, so we weren't in there for long (less than 10 minutes total) because the boys were making a construction supervisor nervous!  It looks AWESOME!!!   I can't wait to see the room with all the stuff that is missing: computers, wall-mounted Smart Board, tables, washer/dryer, supplies, etc.  Here are some pictures that I was able to take before we left.
Looking down the room; notice the TILE FLOORING!!
(against the wall where the Smart Board will go; to my right is the main classroom door going to a main hallway)

One of FIVE kitchens that I will have

Some built in storage in the corner; not sure what is in the cabinets: tote trays/ shelves??

Looking down the room at the end where the first picture was taken
(standing in front of the 'back door' that leads to the side hallway)

Standing in the next to last kitchen, looking towards the windows that look into the computer lab

The computer lab.  The dividers can split the room in half, so that the Tech Ed teacher can use one part and I can use the other.  He has already told me that he is not really interested in using the computers often (if at all!).

Standing in the doorway from my room to the computer lab, looking into the computer lab.  Love all the windows!!

Shelving in my very large pantry/laundry room.  Huge room!!

Standing in the doorway to the pantry/laundry room.  Shelving is behind door, as well as on the wall to the left
(seen in picture above this one).

3 comments:

  1. call me crazy but shouldn't a Tech Ed teacher use the computer lab? Otherwise, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, Katy is going back to the Wood Shop concept in Tech Ed. They use computers, but mostly for research and things like that. He does mostly projects withthe kids: catapults, race cars, etc. Math and engineering things are incorporated into each project. They do some really cool things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I bet you can't wait to fill all those cabinets & shelves!

    ReplyDelete