Thursday, April 28, 2011

Celebrating with Cake

Monday my dad asked me if I could make a simple cake for him to use to celebrate a ham radio buddy's US Citizenship (the guy became a citizen on Tuesday) and Dad needed it Wednesday morning.  I decided to make a cake for the boys to celebrate the arrival of their citizenship certificates (and I needed the decorating practice).  The boys hadn't had cake and frosting before (as far as we know), so we were excited about what their reaction would be.  Chris didn't have to work Wednesday night, so we had a family dinner and brought out the cake afterwards.  You should have seen their eyes light up!  Of course, they both got just little slivers (it was close to bedtime after all), but they loved it!  


This was my practice cake, the other one looked much nicer!

Trying to eat a big bite, like Daddy

What can I say?  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment