Thursday, April 8, 2010

Paperwork is in the mail

One of the Spanish teachers at school very kindly translated Chris' birth certificate from Spanish into English for us! Aren't teachers wonderful??

I got all the supporting documents ready, attached them to the I-600A application, clipped on the form to request an email when the documents are accepted and the check for the fees then put it all in an envelope to mail out this afternoon. It was sent out today at 3:30 pm to Lewisville, Texas via USPS Express Mail. It was so worth the $15.90 to mail it. They should have it tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Now we wait.

I also sent the 1st installment of the Agency Fee to Buckner via regular mail (certified).

We are on our way....

Of course I did all of this in between classes (okay, some was done during a class) today. I have really great students this year!

Today we started talking about Families to get ready for the Children's Unit that starts week after next. When I was going over the different types of families, I kinda lost it a bit (okay, some classes it was more than a bit) when I got to the Adoptive Family. One of my students was asking questions and I just had to cry. Of course, that meant that the other students got mad at her for making me cry, but I just explained that it was good kind of crying. By the end of the day, nobody wanted to ask any questions in case I started crying again! Gotta love 8th graders!!

Chris and I found out about the 2010 Heritage Day coming up on the 24th at Tallowood Baptist Church. We are excited about attending and meeting other 'waiting families' as well as families that have already brought their children home.

No comments:

Post a Comment