Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your day has started as nice as ours. Chris left to go to work (the part-time job at Wal-Mart) a little while ago and I got to sleep in till 8:00. Yes, Chris is now gainfully employed part-time at Wal-Mart! He went in Tuesday for the paper work and drug test, worked yesterday from 12:30 - 8:30 (doing the CBL's {computer based learning sessions} and other training things. Today he is back to {hopefully} finish the CBL's so that they can put him to 'real work' tomorrow, starting at 5:00 am. Yes, he will be working during Black Friday's morning rush at Wal-Mart. I will be at home, warm and snug in bed, hopefully still sleeping!

It is a great feeling to know that we will be able to put his paychecks directly into the Adoption Fund saving account. That will really help!

On another note, I have a good-sized deposit to make tomorrow into the Adoption Fund savings account. My 'catering' has really paid off this week (yes, the pun was intended). I have added to my menu: squash casserole, chili, green bean casserole, Italian casserole, lemon bars, brownies and a bacon & broccoli quiche. I am really tired, but no baking today! I made the pumpkin pie and squash casserole that we are taking to Chris' mom's house this afternoon last night after getting home from delivering all the goodies I made yesterday. Tylenol is my friend right now.

Well, back to finding something for breakfast and warming up the coffee! Enjoy your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment